PDF Reader strange behaviour!

Hi Thunkers,
I’m facing some troubles with “PDF Reader”…

In short, with “WEB preview” and “Live Test on device” what is happening is the following: the PDF appears normaly on the screen, but just beneath it one can see pieces of text! These texts are extract from the PDF just as if an OCR has been launched!

This doesn’t happened on Android: in that case the screen remains definitively white…

Any ideas ???

Can you post a link to a basic project that demonstrates this?

Here it is:

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/a6ceb8a5944c18b1e1d7d6840652514d

Could you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing? I just tested the app linked above and am not able to replicate the issue.

Here is the screen shot of Web Preview: the PDF appears normally but at the bottom of it you see lines of text !

btw I’m working on a MacBook Pro with MacOS 14.3.1

Thks for having a look at my problem, I appreciate!

Thank you for sharing. It does seem to be outputting the text of the document as well. I have been able to reproduce this locally only on the Web Preview, not on Thunkable Live or any build/downloaded app on mobile.

We’ll file a bug ticket for this and keep you updated if we are able to get a timeline for fixing this. Appreciate your patience!

Hi Matt

Just want to make sure before I use PDF viewer in my app that it doesn’t have any abnormal behavior, what I am reading is there is a issue with web based app but not on Android or iOS.

Is that correct?

Also searching through forum they were posts using a web component for viewing the PDF is that still valid solution?

I just wanted to get opinion before I spend my time. Thank you in advance.

Correct, only on web.

It depends on the URL but generally yes, if the URL of the file ends in .pdf, this would be a viable work-around.

1 Like

@beatbaba7leb We have a fix for this issue. Hopefully it will be out in one of our next few releases. We’ll keep you updated here and you can also check our Release Updates category as new releases come out.

Thank you!

1 Like

@motzet Thanks for your patience. We have released the fix for this issue.

Please keep in mind that you may need to do a hard refresh of your browser for the changes to take effect in your project. If you experienced any of these issues on the Thunkable Live app, you will need to update to the latest version through the App Store and/or Google Play Store before any changes will occur. If your downloaded or published app is affected by any of these issues, you will need to re-download or re-publish your app for these changes to take effect.