Payment through Payment Gateway API

Hello,
I want to use a payment gateway in my app.
I want my App to interact with the Payment Gateway API because of different prices for each customer. I am from India and I could use / apply any Payment Gateway supported.
Also, as I stated : API because of different prices for each customer, I want my payment API to work like Stripe Payment Component; i.e Custom Price block.
I read about API can Accept any price into your Account (Payment link can accept only a fixed amount).
So can I use any API for my App?
Any help will be Appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks

3 Likes

Hi there,

I don’t have much experience with it, but I know that PayPal have a payment API.

Do you have much experience with APIs?

No…

3 Likes

I’m going to be super honest and say that payment APIs are among the more complex to implement, because they have a lot of security!

I’d recommend trying out some easier APIs so that you are familiar with them before beginning this task. (Here is a tutorial of mine that walks you through using an API.)

You say that you can’t use Stripe because you want to set custom prices, but then you acknowledge that the Stripe component lets you set the price - how are you planning on setting the price for each customer? Could we try working out a way to do this with the Stripe component?

Thanks,
Jane

@jane, Thanks for reply :smile:
I cannot use Stripe because it’s not for India.
It also has big charges.
The base price is 2500 INR.

• the customer will add his voluntary contribution for the needy in the payment.
    Since everyone’s contributions will be different, I need custom pricing i.e api interaction.

Thanks

3 Likes

People get stuck with paypal and they do not know that there are better options out there. I get it that it is the most popular one, but if you are having a lot of online transactions like Forex or Crypto you should probably consider using Skrill or Neteller. They are perfect for those kind of transactions. My personal favorite is Skrill, because it is really easy to register for it. You can make that process even easier if you do it with baxity. In that way you get even quicker verification and immediate VIP status which helps you upgrade your account much quicker. With those upgrades you can pay lesser fees and have better user experience.

I am from Bahrain and I created an App for a client with payment option using a payment gateway in Bahrain. At first I had to try many tweaks to get the result I wanted and read the JSON response correctly but thereafter payment process became a breeze.

Could you share this process. Many would Gain from your experience!

1 Like

Sure mate. I just have to request an API key from the gateway company as the one I used is a real payment API key for the client. Unfortunately, the test server for this gateway (https://www.gaatee.com/) is not functioning.
The test server returns html page instead of JSON records.

1 Like