Offline data upload - Labels, Variables & Looping

Hi all,

I’m working on a scavenger hunt app. It requires offline data storage before uploading a google sheet as the hunt takes place in areas of poor service.
The data (name/number - variables & timestamp/QRdetails - labels) are saving correctly into the offline storage, as seen in the img below with the three times.

However, when I then try to upload this data to a google sheet it has no problem calling the name/number which are both variables but will not include the timestamp & QR details. This can be seen below.
It also uploads to Google one more set of data than recorded in the offline data. E.g. 3 tags scanned in 1st img, but when uploading it sends 4 tags. Why is this?

Google Tag Times

The images of the page & blocks are seen below.

Hi @nuuzonessqnzvv, thanks for your patience.

Were you able to get this sorted?

Hi @matt_conroy

I have not been able to get this sorted yet. Are you able to provide any guidance?

Hello @nuuzonessqnzvv :wave:
I think I understand the feature you are trying to build and another way to implement it is this:

As making to many updates in a sort period can exceed the limit of google APIs, I suggest every time you upload a row to delete it from the local table so you don’t upload it again in the future:

Hi @ioannis

That has worked a treat thank you. Is it possible to upload the whole of the offline table to the google sheet, instead of pressing finished for each entry in the offline table?

Thank you

Hi @nuuzonessqnzvv
Unfortunately it is not possible to create multiple rows with data source block. You could use Web API block.

Evening @ioannis

Ahhh ok thank you for your help anyways :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @ioannis

Is it possible to call the first and last entry from the offline db, to determine the elapsed time (last row timestamp - first row timestamp) with logic operation??

I’ve attempted to create variables for the first and last timestamp. Then create the elapsed timestamp variable and display it in a label.

In the ‘find first occurrence’ and ‘find last occurrence’, i’m not sure what to put in place of the ‘b’.

Any ideas?

You don’t need to use the find first occurrence block because you’re not searching for a value. Just get the first list item and the last list item using this block:

1 Like

Hi @tatiang

The timestamps being pulled from the local db are in the HH.MM.SS format. I’m presuming these are being pulled in as text, so I tried to convert them to a number by x1. The value for elapsedtimestamp =NaN right now.

How can i determine the elapsed time between the 1st and last timestamp?? I would like to have it also in the HH.MM.SS format.

Many thanks