Next release X platform

Hello,
I was thinking that I’d like to have in the next release of X version:

1. remove Thunk logo loading iOS version
  2. Date/Time picker (for both OS)
  3. fix the problems about maps with Android (get current location) without use web browser
  4. more easy to add markers into the map from data (Firebase, json etc)
  5. listview powerfull like ColinTree
  6. push notifications (my vision it’s better from native Firebase but also from OneSignal)

AcTech … could you share a planning of your developments? this is important for who have to release company apps and so need a future vision.

Many many thanks for your support.
Andrea

when ???

Hello Andrea,

I can not tell you about the plans of Thunkable X because I’m not a developer. I can only try to offer some temporary workaround.

Alex

Andrea,

Thanks for those suggestions! Would you mind entering individual feature requests for each of them on our issues list? That enables us to more easily track them and will maximize the chance of us implementing them. Any additional details that you can provide in those issues to guide us in what exactly you want would be greatly appreciated!

Happy Thunking.

-Mark

@Andrea_Marchisio , did you forgot write these things ?

1. Apps with over 26 SDK / API level.
  2. Admob for thunkable X.
  3. Re changeable app certificate and fingerprint.
  4. Adding QR code for app APK download.
  5. Extension adding feature.

Hello,
your right, I missed some elements and explanation; follow an integration (all topics are already discussed in each singular thread):

1. remove Thunk logo loading iOS version (just in iOS, when the app already published loading, for a brief moment we see the thunk logo)
  2. Date/Time picker (at today is not possible use both object date/time picker but also with workaround)
  3. fix the problems about maps with Android (get current location with the original block doesn’t works and crash the app); is complex use web browser and java
  4. simplify to add markers with description into the map from data (Firebase, json etc)
  5. listview component like ColinTree let to do a lot of nice and complete list. With this version it is not usable because it is too much simple and not customizable (more lines, images, etc)
  6. push notifications (my vision it’s better from native Firebase but also from OneSignal) - this is very a good plus; today more companies need to push messages to their customers
  7. Apps with over 26 SDK / API level - this is a rock that you can not miss or Google blocks the publications
  8. Admob for thunkable X - important for those who want/must earn from apps
  9. Re changeable app certificate and fingerprint - I guess it’s important for those who want to clone apps and speed up development
  10. Adding QR code for app APK download.
  11. Extension adding feature
  12. Beacon - in the retail market more and more requests are being made with bluetooth devices.

I tried to group everything. Thunkable today is definitely the best cross-platform development that allows us to customize. If you can still add these important elements, we could develop any type of app required by the market.

I hope I have made a small contribution.
Andrea

2 Likes

@Andrea_Marchisio, As I mentioned above, please enter individual feature requests for each of your items on our issues list that are not already mentioned there. That enables us to more easily track them and will maximize the chance of us implementing them. Any additional details that you can provide in those issues to guide us in what exactly you want would be greatly appreciated!

Happy Thunking.

-Mark

Hello @Mark,
each point has already been discussed in the individual threads; a part of point 1 and 3 that need to be fixed (try yourself … with iOS Logo and Android get location), the others are elements missing, known in the forum that could give added value to the platform.
I speak about date/time, listview like Colin extension for classic version, Push notification through “Firebase Cloud Messaging FCM” or Admob.

Reading all the forum posts, I realized that all the requests of the developers always concern these elements (apart from some bugs).
I think it would be important to share the development plan with everyone.
Let me know thanks
Andrea

Andrea,

I wasn’t saying that the issues you mentioned aren’t valid. Nor was I saying that they haven’t been discussed before. I was just saying that the most effective way to get features added and bugs fixed is to enter them into our issues list. Some of the issues you mention are already there, but some aren’t.

-Mark

good day,

Is there a date picker component in thunkable x platform.

Thank you.