I’m a lurker on the Community forums here, but can’t seem to find any discussions around app accessibility options.
Issue In short - I am learning/developing an app, and have buttons placed on the left hand side of screen, but as the app is designed for one hand use, wanted them to be able to be moved to right hand side of screen (and switch with labels). From this I figured I should/could add in functions for colour blindness (through a palette change), and dyslexia (in a font change).
Technical in short - Using DnD platform, mid-development (so I can’t really move to Legacy without starting again).
- I have switches and sliders for indicators, and use these to set specific variables on an accessibility screen. This variables will be checked across screens to set specific characteristics on each screen.
- Switches and sliders work as needed, but I am limited with options in DnD to how they operate.
- my Dyslexia switch should change font’s on a page [but no option in DnD].
- my Left or Right handed switch should change X value of buttons/labels [but no option in DnD]
- my Colour blind slider should set a palette on each page [I think this will work but haven’t tested yet]
- How to other developers approach accessibility? Do you consider or not?
- in the DnD, is there capability to dynamically update font (asides from font style)?
- is there / when will there be capability to set a design theme for the whole app? (as in one single font across all pages) so this can easily be changed?
- is Legacy better placed to incorporate this kind of design?
I am just learning and exploring, but this particular topic is helping me grasp how to use variables effectively. Can post draft blocking if anyone thinks it would be of use.
Thanks in advance everyone!