🎉 New Thunkable ✕ PRO Feature: Publish your Project as a Web App 2020-03-11

Maps don’t work with webapps do they?

Can you comfier for us? @gpo

1 Like

Documentation you sent me says Maps not supported. Thanks Jared.

2 Likes

Are the Data Viewer Lists and Grids still unsupported? In the web app preview they seem to be working fine but I’m reluctant to pay for Pro only to realise that these aren’t supported in ‘live’.

Thanks.

Hey @gregdotcom77oi,

I don’t really understand what you mean by “supported in live”. The new data viewer component works for both native Android & iOS, as well as web apps. It also works in the live companion app.

What issues are you experiencing?

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

I’m referring to the online docs here: https://docs.thunkable.com/publish-as-a-web-app-pro that state that Data Viewer’s are ‘Not Supported Yet’ for web apps.

1 Like

Hmm. That looks out dated to me.

Maybe @domhnallohanlon might be able to check on/update this.

This may depend on the fact that the component may very well still be in beta, though I believe it’s long past that now.

1 Like

Yes, it looks like some of these are outdated. I’ll see if we can get those fixed ASAP.

@gregdotcom77oi does that answer your question? Anything else we can assist with?

2 Likes

Is it in the plans to do it?
I think it’s a main feature that has to be present.

1 Like

Thanks for querying this @gregdotcom77oi - the docs just needed to be updated, and have been now.

Thanks @eoinparkinson @Steven and @jane for helping with this.

Yep! :smiley: We’re not actively working on this right now, but it’s on the to-do list.

1 Like

one year?
2 months?
not a clue?

Hey @domhnallohanlon!
I am a PRO member and sent you guys a private message a couple of weeks back regarding BLE connectivity and I haven’t received a response. Thank you for your consideration. :grinning:

I just tried to embed the testing webapp in a site of mine but it’s blocked by thunkable.

I’d activate premium right now if it was possible at least to embed the web app while waiting for a proper customizable domain.

My personal opinion is that they want to share the word that their service is out but they have to give the opportunity to have a custom domain, or at least embedding.

1 Like

Hi, @maxb,
We currently do not support embed web app.

cc @arun

This is needed! It would elevate thunkable webapps a level by allowing users to create mini emebedable apps into existing websites and other webapps.

It’d be dope. And allow for custom domain so thunkable doesn’t have to deal with that part

1 Like

as I stated, I knew.

is pretty essential.

But I’m pretty sure this is a marketing choice to help spread the word, if It is, I think it’s unfair.

Thanks all for your feedback on allowing embedding of your web app and custom domains. We hear how they are useful features and both are on our roadmap. We don’t have an ETA yet as we’re working on a number of things to improve your Thunkable experience, but the interest in these web app features are heard and noted.

4 Likes

Thank you for the answer.
Wish we could have a general ETA, but if you don’t, you don’t… …right?

I have the same problem. @domhnallohanlon, different users need this fix. Any prediction of when it could be done?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Question about sizing on Web Apps

How will we get that custom link is it free if we buy pro