New Project Landing Page in Beta

Dear friends,

We are going to roll out the new project landing page real soon; Thanks to our power thunkers who tested the earlier version and provided feedback. If you could kindly test it out and give us your feedback too, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to @mike who put the code together and @yuexi2009 @albert for the design.

http://001-dot-nifty-gasket-112920.appspot.com/

Wei

7 Likes

Looking Great :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wonderful layout!!! .

1 Like

Great ! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about adding the launcher icon, if present, to project cards? If no icon is provided the default Thunkable one may be used.

4 Likes

Great idea! :slight_smile:
I think that will looks really cool :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Add app icon to project background image

1 Like

Certainly looking good. A good way to differentiate yourselves from App Inventor 2 :smiley:

2 Likes

One suggestion, if you want to try. Please don’t remove the old layout completely. Provide option to users to switch the views. You may keep the new view as default. The new view is good but it looks like huge full of boxes. If there is an option it can show the app icon on each app the would look great, it will help differentiate.

4 Likes

Awesome Design :slight_smile:.

Suggestion: Adding Storage Limit and Amount Used will help.

2 Likes

One more suggestion: Add cluster desing Open/Close menu for each project

X APP Folder
x app
x app_copy
x app old

We can easy manage them with this method

2 Likes

@wei @Mika Nice But My only suggestion would be to be able to copy and paste objects in the layout(instead of dragging the same objects all the time from the panel) ; just the way we are able to copy(duplicate) and paste blocks.

for instance if am making a uniform arrangement in the user interface, i would expect after i have made the first arrangement by dragging and pasting all necessary elements, the rest could just be copied and pasted whiles obeying the Parent_child properties as well .(this i believe would make building apps even faster) Thanks.
Best Regards Albert!

2 Likes

i’d rather also prefer the app icons be displayed

1 Like

Vote for your favorite features! Admins can edit this post to add more!

Choose the most useful feature idea(s):

• Icons of app on landing page.
  • Display storage used and availible
  • Ability to switch to the old layout

0 voters

Choose your favorite feature idea:

• Icons of app on landing page.
  • Display storage used and availible
  • Ability to switch to the old layout

0 voters

3 Likes

I completely agree. I’ve been wanting this too. I’m actually surprised a bunch of people haven’t asked for this (well maybe they have… I’ve never searched it up), But to be more on topic on this post I would like to see the option to go back to a list as well because its easier to scan. Either that, or to make the boxes smaller. It’s too much scrolling for me.The app icon on each one as people suggested would be a nice touch, and I like the idea of knowing how far from the 10mb limit you are too. Is there any way of finding that out as it is?

4 Likes

something like this

.i think theres enough space at the right hand side hence,an app icon can fill that part.
BUT I think to many apps could slow loading process because even without the app icon option it takes time to load my project and am currently experiencing duplicate blocks from screen1 to all screens in my app.
Also the highlighted yellow …; the date is not very visible. please increase its saturation or a much visible color

2 Likes