My Quiz App jumps from question to question by itself

I am creating a quiz app about music.
When I preview it, the questions jumps by themselves, it can go from question 1 to 7 and come back to 1 and jump to number 5 later. Is like that all the time and I do not know what is going on.
Sometimes is just like it refreshes itself.
Can someone help me with this?
Thanks.

Hi @jerryiboh55sl1, welcome to Thunkable!

My guess is that some part of your coding is causing that problem. But I don’t know without seeing your blocks. Can you post a link to your project and/or screenshots of your blocks?

Thanks in advance

@tatiang

By the way is with the hip hop section I am having that problem

I’ll take a look. By the way, I quiz app like this is the perfect example of a project that can and probably should be made on a single screen (at least for the question portion) with dynamic data.

It’s a lot of work to build and update that many screens, especially when they are 95% the same. You can use data sources to make this a much more efficient project if you like.

I am new to this, this is my first project and I dont know how to use dynamic data or data source or make all the questions in a single screen.
How can I do that?

Thanks in advance.

The problem, I think, is that you have conflicting timers going. You’re telling the screen to wait 20 seconds and navigate to the next screen but you’re also telling it to navigate when an answer is chosen. Because Thunkable runs (most) commands in parallel, that 20 second timer is still going – I’m guessing because I’ve never tested this – even after you answer the question. So you might be answering question 4 but if you’ve answered quickly (less than 20 seconds total), you’ll be on question 5 and that timer from question 1 will fire and navigate to question 2.

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 11.35.36 AM

I assume you’re wanting there to be a countdown timer for each question. That’s a little tricky to do with so many screens… easier to do with a single “question” screen that just updates/refreshes with new information.

There are many good tutorials and demos available if you Google “quiz Thunkable”.

I’d start with something like this, which shows how to build a single-screen question area. The time you put into this will pay off when you later have to troubleshoot or modify your code.

@tatiang thank you very very much and I get it now. I will take a look to the videos.

1 Like