A malapropism is the misuse of a word that creates a ridiculous sentence, usually as a result of confusing similar-sounding words. This can create embarrassing situations for people, especially during public speeches.
Some examples of malapropism are:
- Mrs. Malaprop said, “Illiterate him quite from your memory” (obliterate)
- Yogi Berra said “Texas has a lot of electrical votes.” (electoral votes)
- “Patience is a virgin.” (virtue) – Archie Bunker from “All in the Family”
- “It will take time to restore chaos and order.” - President George W. Bush
- “They have miscalculated me as a leader.” - President George W. Bush
You can download the game at:
It contains hundreds of malapropism examples and fun to play. Hope you like it!