Map onPress documentation and broken

When I first started looking at the block “Map onPress” I wondered what the outputs ‘coordinate’ and ‘position’ did. There is nothing documented in the help screens. However, hunting through the archives this has been discussed and both coordinate and position returned objects. So I could see what those objects contained I created a screen to display.
When I first tested this today the ‘coordinate’ returned the following JSON decoded object:
{
“_dispatchInstances”: null,
“_dispatchListeners”: null,
“_targetInst”: null,
“bubbles”: null,
“cancelable”: null,
“currentTarget”: null,
“defaultPrevented”: null,
“dispatchConfig”: null,
“eventPhase”: null,
“isTrusted”: null,
“nativeEvent”: null,
“target”: null,
“timeStamp”: null,
“type”: null
}
and the position returned:
{
“dispatchConfig”: null,
“_targetInst”: null,
“nativeEvent”: null,
“type”: null,
“target”: null,
“currentTarget”: null,
“eventPhase”: null,
“bubbles”: null,
“cancelable”: null,
“timeStamp”: null,
“defaultPrevented”: null,
“isTrusted”: null,
“_dispatchListeners”: null,
“_dispatchInstances”: null
}

So I could report this, I made a project specifically to reproduce.
Thunkable.

Before I could finish and test the service crashed so was locked out for a few hours.
Since then there has been some strange behaviour. I could not get the map to display in ‘satellite’ with the MapType. Eventually this started working after I switched between projects where it did work fine.
Then I found the map onPress was not working with the following:
If you remove the dummy from ‘Text_Input1 set Text to “Hi”’ Nothing happens but with that line in the objects are decoded and displayed in the corresponding Text_Inputs, however, ‘position object’ no longer returns anything (Undefined).

Update. This was on live_test on an Android OnePlus phone

1 Like

I need the lat/lng of the OnPress map position but I Always get the mapcenter coordinates. Any way to accomplish that?

1 Like