Lottie animation without refreshing

Hey,

is there any chance to get Lottie animations working while updating some label or button components? Right now Thunkable does not seem to be capable of doing so because whenever I change the value of a label (countdown) it will just restart the animation instead of playing continuously :frowning:

Is there any workaround or is a fix planned?

Best, Chris

I experience this same thing! I wonder if a button background image can be set to be an animation? I can test this later today

1 Like

Hey @Chris, the only workaround I have found for this would be to download the lottie as a gif. then assign the fig to be the background image for a button and place an invisible column above that button.
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/6f7dfb0fe902112eb0ddac4407aa0b6f
see here
Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 4.46.31 PM

1 Like

Thank you for this idea but I guess this won’t work for my project due to file size and gif quality.

Oh man - so I guess we cannot use Lottie animations at all when there is anything on screen that needs to be updated… I really wonder why this is nothing that has been fixed yet since the lottie component exists for quite a long time :grimacing: but maybe this is the same issue that we have with images and other components rhat would always flash when you have text input or labes changing :thinking:

Best, Chris

@Chris I actually retested this today and it’s not working on my iPhone companion app. It shows in the web preview as the button image but not my phone :confused:

1 Like