Local DB Enhancements

Dear Thunkable Team,

I am a dedicated Thunkable user and have been thoroughly enjoying using your platform to create a wide range of applications. I appreciate the effort you put into making app development accessible to users like myself.

I have a suggestion that, in my opinion, could greatly enhance the capabilities of Thunkable, especially in terms of local database usage. Currently, we can store and retrieve data from a local database, which is fantastic. However, the ability to retrieve rows based on field values, rather than just record IDs, would make Thunkable even more powerful and versatile.

Here’s a brief overview of the functionality I’m proposing:

• Add the capability to filter rows from a local database based on field values.
  • Allow users to specify field names, comparison operators (e.g., equals, greater than, less than), and values to filter rows based on their specific criteria.
  • This enhancement would empower developers to work with local databases more flexibly, reducing the reliance on online databases for certain applications while maintaining data security within the app.

I understand that implementing this feature might require some development effort, but I believe it would greatly benefit Thunkable users who want to create more complex and secure applications. This feature would open up a world of possibilities for creating dynamic and data-driven apps using local databases.

I kindly request that you consider this feature request and add this functionality in a future update. I believe it would be a valuable addition to Thunkable, benefiting both beginner and advanced users.

Thank you for your attention to this request, and I look forward to seeing how Thunkable continues to evolve and improve.

Best regards,
Cherian Jacob

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this @clifint.developmentv!

Hi there Thunkable Staff, thanks for your platform it has been useful so that I can create apps …

I was wondering if it is possible set up the “Table #” as a variable ??

Because I dont wanna duplicate those blocks instead I wanna set up a varible… Thanks in advance.