Local data base

Hey Guys!
Im still new to Thunkable and Im having a hard time with using the local data base…
So in my app, I got a sensor working, and I wanted for a couple of seconds, to store the sensor data in a local datebase so later on I would be able to read the smaller/bigger value retrived by the sensor…
Is it possible? Can anyone help me out?

1 Like

Hi there,

You can use blocks like this to save your value to a DB:
save2db

Then use blocks like this to get the highest value:

The ‘max of list’ block can be found in the Lists drawer of blocks:
ran

getoflist

As you can see form all of the options, you can do some great analysis on your data with this one block!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the help!
But is there a way to actually take a look at the data that got saved in the data base? I thought it would be posible to check it out on the table created once you creat the local DB…

You could use a label or the listviewer to display the contents of, for example, the Magnet_X column.

2 Likes

right now I have this… But Im not able to show of storage the values… Can anyone help?

@geralhivl, can you share you project link to me via private message? Have checked the code above but can’t find any strange. I think I need to check deeper on your component and other blocks.

Thanks.

1 Like

Light green blocks, like yAcceleration in your example, are local variables that are visible only inside the block in which they are defined. Therefore, your blocks does not work.

1 Like

Sorry you got me a bit confused there…
How can I fix it?

Use variable block.

myVar < yAccseleration

then use to save to the myVar to store it value

If you don’t know what local and global variables are, here’s some information about it.

Global Variable

A global variable is a variable that can be accessed in multiple scopes. This means that wherever you are in the program you can use that variable; get its current value or set its value to something else. Global variables are created using the initialize global name to block found in the Variables drawer.

Local Variable

A local variable is a variable that is declared within a function or it is an argument passed into a function. This means that you can only access these variables in that specific function where they are declared or passed in as an argument.

1 Like

@actech so… I should initialize a new variable? then I need to get myVar = YAcceleration, and then change to myVar every field that is now set as Yacceleration?

Im sorry really trying to understand this :confused:

Yes, you need to create a new variable if you want to use the received data outside the scope of the local variable.