List view adjustment

I have a issue with the list view component in my app,after displaying the various categories of search item in my app,and probably the item has been clicked.
I dont want such item to show the list view option again…

1 Like

Hi there,

So you choose a category (electrical, photography, etc), then you choose a name (Anu Okeowo, Lekan Adebayo) - then what do you want to happen?

What are your current blocks relating to this List Viewer and its associated lists?

I want the names choose to be the end,no more list option

1 Like

So you don’t want the user to be able to select anything once the names are on display? Or do you want the user to select a name, and have that name be the only item in the List Viewer?

Either way, you can use blocks like the following to disable a List Viewer. It’s as simple as having a Boolean (true/false) variable where if it’s true, something happens when an item on the List Viewer is selected, if it’s false, nothing happens. This Screenshot includes a ‘Reset Button’ so that the user can be allowed to choose something else from the List Viewer. You may or may not want this feature in your app. The ‘do something’ block can obviously be replaced by whatever action you want.

disableLV

2 Likes

Thanks will check that out now

1 Like

it’s not working,if i should replace my current function block with this,the app won’t be able to get data from spreadsheet

1 Like

Hi there,

As I said, the ‘do something’ block can be whatever set of actions you want. So instead of my ‘do something’ block, you can have a block retrieving your data from the spreadsheet.

The part that matters to these blocks is that the ‘chosen’ variable is set to true. That’s the thing that will prevent users from being able to select other items on the List viewer once an item has been selected.

Does that help?

1 Like

Okay’

1 Like