Latest Thunkable ✕ Release (Aug 19) - Duplicate Components, Component Tooltips and Duplicate Projects from the Projects Page

@actech: your pages would be helpful in english, please. I wonder for a long time what all those options like “Flex Box Layout” or “remove Clipped Subviews” mean:
Updated Block Reference (ru)
http://droidscript.ru/main/statyi/thunkableios_blockhelper.php

Updated Object Reference (ru)
http://droidscript.ru/main/statyi/thunkableios_objects.php

You’re right, but so far I’m not ready to do the translation. Perhaps you will be more understandable The Complete Illustrated Flexbox Tutorial

Here’s the official information in english, but do you understand what that means

removeClippedSubviews

|Type|Default|
| --- | --- |
|Boolean|False|

If `true` , views that are outside of the viewport are detached from the native view hierarchy.

**Pros:** This reduces time spent on the main thread, and thus reduces the risk of dropped frames, by excluding views outside of the viewport from the native rendering and drawing traversals.

**Cons:** Be aware that this implementation can have bugs, such as missing content (mainly observed on iOS), especially if you are doing complex things with transforms and/or absolute positioning. Also note this does not save significant memory because the views are not deallocated, just detached.
1 Like

@actech Awwwsome, thank you!

Google Translate? Add it to Chrome if you use chrome, or any browser that supports extensions and click the “Translate this page” option. It will translate the entire page for you. Viola :slight_smile:

1 Like

@eoinparkinson Yes, I just found out. Thanks for your reply! I use firefox + Addon “WebTranslate”

1 Like

You know that a ‘viola’ is a type of violin?

If you wanted to write “voilà”, perhaps your translator needs tuning… :wink:

5 Likes

Справочник по объектам !
Thank you for entering the detailed instruction link for tunkable
it seems to me that that of the tunckable site is less detailed.
:+1:

This topic is two years old. Also, what is the link for?

Looks like a link to @actech’s website…not sure how they related to this #announcements post though?

Sorry, I was wrong to paste the link with google translate.
I must point out that I am a rookie although it is an old topic it seems to me the most detailed guide on the best tunckable design I have found.