Latest Android Release (Feb 20) - Package name bug fixes

Hey Thunkers,

We made a few bug fixes in our latest release to folks having trouble with preserving their existing package names.

• Package name - preserves existing package name for projects that have “check point”; imported projects can also preserve their package name by selecting “uploading legacy app project (.aia) from my computer”
  • “Save as” - projects created via this option are now able to be exported and installed

For you impacted by these bugs, we appreciate your patience as we released a fix!

Big thanks to @Mark for his work on this!

Albert on behalf of the Thunkables

Release notes here (they are the same as what’s written above)

9 Likes

Hi There,

Thanks you for fixing… however it would be nice if you can release new enhancements in temporary beta before rolling out to production - this is the industry standard procedures. Rolling on prod directly is not a good idea.

Regards
Zama

Thanks a lot for fixing these bugs! We do appreciate that!

Hi Zama,

Thanks for the tip – we actually do roll things out internally for testing before we push to production. We try to catch all errors before they are released but we haven’t figured out a way to be perfect yet. If you have suggestions, please send them along.

Albert @ Thunkable

I USE legacy option but my package name not changed to app inventor format. So unable update my app anymore can you help