Is there to create a radio button group?

First off when I say group, I do not mean the group that exists that allows you to change appearance enmass for buttons; I am speaking about something similar to a radio button group in an HTML form.

I have a screen with 5 buttons - 1 - 5 and then a Next button. On screen open, button Next will be disabled and then will be enabled as soon as any button 1 - 5 is selected. Once a selection has been made, the Next button is pressed and the value is passed to the next screen.

I found a partial solution here which figures out which button is pressed.

But since this uses the Any Button component, it also includes the value of the Next button so in this case, it always gets set to 6. Is there any way to segregate the selection buttons from the Next button, similar to how a radio button group works in an HTML form?

Project here

Thanks

there is no radio button group, per se, but you can program one yourself by interrogatng the status of the radio buttons.

here’s an example of how a radio button group works. you might be able to make use of it.
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/970e652d47cc80b428a35a93fb657b55

Noted and thanks on that solution. But if I wanted to use buttons to select, is there a way to use the method I used and to pass the value of the chosen button to the next screen?

VARIABLES !!! set value using @manyone’s method

Can you let me know where I can find this method? I tried setting the value to variable “class” but since I am using the Any Button component, even though I set it to the value when buttons 1 - 5 are pressed, as soon as you hit the Next button, which is button 6, the variable changes to 6 before moving to the next screen.

@manyone does that here:

You can then reference app variable last_radio on another screen.

Am still a bit unclear as this solution -

#1 - is for a list viewer and not buttons

#2 - seems to reference a function called mark_btn_sel but does not show the function blocks.

how can you ask about these things if you have not even downloaded the link i provided in my initial response? the blocks are all there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.