iPad/Tablet version, landscape modality... is possible?

I’m learning to use Thunkable and I was wondering how to get an iPad-optimised version… at the moment I only see the typical smartphone settings on the “design” screen. Is there some option to enable different layout for smartphone and tablet?

So, I have tried everything but nothing… with Thunkable is possibile to create app only for a single layout, typical “large” smartphone (e.g. iPhone 12) and in portrait modality.
Can anyone from Thunkable confirm this, or are there specific settings to be changed somewhere on the control panel?

for that you shall have an live device… not possible to see ui in landscpe on builder veiw

Is not a problem of test/live device, is a problem of layout.
An iPad 12.9" has need of a layout different from a iPhone 5s, is the same thing that happens with the responsive websites.
Now if I open an app built with Thunkable on an iPad I see only the portrait mode and the screen with the size of a large smartphone.
I think should be a great improvement to have the possibility to set different layouts for the same app (see Bootstrap containers) for different screens, small/medium/large, landscape/portrait… possibility to set three columns on a tablet design and move them vertically (not inline) on smartphone… etc.

1 Like

It would be really nice to be able to see a screen in landscape mode for phones, too. This isn’t just a tablet problem.

2 Likes

If you just want to change size based on screen dimensions, you can do that with blocks. In the device drawer, see ‘screen width’ and ‘screen height’. Some basic logic and math lets you implement the bootstrap container behavior you described.

Here’s some code I used to deal with different screen widths/heights/proportions.

2 Likes

Thanks! As soon as I have time I will check what you have indicated.
A question about the support… with the Pro version is there the possibility to contact directly Thunkable’s team?

1 Like

Even with the free version you can talk to them, you just have to tag them. For example @domhnallohanlon is apart of the staff, it says below to his name.

Yes, you will have a chat bubble on your screen

2 Likes

I thought they removed that, it’s not there on my screen!

1 Like

When you first join, you will have it for a trial period. If you are a PRO member, you will have it all the time.

Oh i thought it was removed :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

where are you getting the 11.2/11.5 figures from and is the 4 in reference to the number of boxes youre using?

4 is the margin I have between elements. And the 11.something relates to packing 11 rows and columns - it would be 11, but I needed a little extra space beyond those elements.

1 Like

Thank you!