iOS app not publishing

Hey all,

I’m having trouble publishing to the app store. Here’s the error I’m getting.

Command failed: cd ***/thunkableCompanionTemp/thunkableCompanion_2125db1a-9eb0-4199-a8ee-7727e8014128/ios && npx exp path && bundle exec fastlane release app_identifier:‘com.gmail.arunpnijhawan.painfree’ app_name:‘PainFree’ team_id:‘TFRR9P246A’ two_factor:‘true’ build_number:‘1’ version_number:‘1’ xcode_project_path:’***/Documents/thunkable-for-ios/thunkableCompanionTemp/thunkableCompanion_2125db1a-9eb0-4199-a8ee-7727e8014128/ios/thunkablecompanion.xcodeproj’ profile_uuid:‘d7f7553e-8210-4ca7-89bc-58ffe759d370’ profile_name:‘PainFree’ There is a new version of exp available (57.2.1). You are currently using exp 56.0.0 Run npm install -g exp to get the latest version [31m [!] Error building the application - see the log above [0m

Any thoughts?
I tried solutions from these posts with no luck:

1. Publish issues to App Store IOS
  2. iOS App Publishing does not work for new version

Thanks,
Arun

1 Like

I am having the same issue. I would appreciate any help on resolving this as soon as possible. My error code is below. Thanks!

Command failed: cd ***/thunkableCompanionTemp/thunkableCompanion_c1e5367d-749e-424b-b522-143b3579cead/ios && npx exp path && bundle exec fastlane release app_identifier:‘edu.umn.lawso242.practice’ app_name:‘Holidazzle’ team_id:‘JLaw’ two_factor:‘true’ build_number:‘1’ version_number:‘1’ xcode_project_path:’***/Documents/thunkable-for-ios/thunkableCompanionTemp/thunkableCompanion_c1e5367d-749e-424b-b522-143b3579cead/ios/thunkablecompanion.xcodeproj’ profile_uuid:‘dcc96a7b-3a39-4891-b00b-5601e9515488’ profile_name:‘Holidazzle Provisioning Profile’ There is a new version of exp available (57.2.1). You are currently using exp 56.0.0 Run npm install -g exp to get the latest version [31m [!] Error building the application - see the log above [0m

1 Like

Hey @Jacob_Lawson , here’s a suggestion from the Thunkable team (on another thread). I think it worked for me :slight_smile:

My best guess is that you generate the wrong type of the provisioning profile . Could you check if your provisioning profile is for good for app store distribution?

That is to say, make sure to choose App Store under Distribution when generating your provisioning profile on the Apple Developer website . If not and you are not sure what to do, here we have a step by step instruction . Please run through the publish process again to upload the new provisioning profile file. If you are still experiencing issues, please let us know so we’d be able to help you further : )

Thanks,
Ting

Yeah, I thought that might be the issue too, but my provisioning profile is correct as far as I can tell.

Hello Jacob,

Did you upload the certificate that is generated by using the CSR file?

If not, please follow Generate and upload an account certificate documentation closely, and the same as to Generate and upload an app provisioning profile.

Both of them need to be generated by using the CSR file.

Thanks,
Ting

Hi Ting,

Yes, I used the CSR file to generate the account certificate that I uploaded. I then created the provisioning profile using the same certificate that I uploaded. I really don’t know what to do at this point, as it seems everyone is telling me that my certificate and/or provisioning profile must be messed up, but I have followed the instructions very closely several times.

Thanks,
Jacob

Hello Jacob,

We’re going to take a close look at your issue. Please give us some time. We’ll let you know what to do next as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Ting

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the help.

Hello Jacob,

Thanks for your patient. I know you probably already tried several times, but could you try again? We just cleaned up our build servers. Thanks!

I tried again, nothing changed. Same error code :rage:

@Jacob_Lawson We are working hard on our end to troubleshoot your problem. We need another 48 - 72 hours.

Thank you for your patience!

Wei

2 Likes

olá alguém já conseguiu a solução ?

Command failed: cd ***/thunkableCompanionTemp/thunkableCompanion_81dacacf-13f0-4607-bcc7-e38acf9dfe7f/ios && npx exp path && bundle exec fastlane release app_identifier:‘ba.gov.br.laurodefreitas.lauroemacao’ app_name:‘Lauro em Ação’ team_id:‘8N827X9BUF’ two_factor:‘true’ build_number:‘1’ version_number:‘6’ xcode_project_path:’***/Documents/thunkable-for-ios/thunkableCompanionTemp/thunkableCompanion_81dacacf-13f0-4607-bcc7-e38acf9dfe7f/ios/thunkablecompanion.xcodeproj’ profile_uuid:‘3e1422ca-be33-491e-a814-c1868271d3d8’ profile_name:‘Lauro em Ação’ There is a new version of exp available (57.2.1). You are currently using exp 56.0.0 Run npm install -g exp to get the latest version [31m [!] Error building the application - see the log above [0m

Hi @kpeesh, are you using Thunkable’s .certSigningRequest file?

There is a list of the most common sources for this error here @kpeesh: