Internal error generating

This error occurred at 1:00 . I attempted to change the name of my source.

1 Like

The error message says undo your last change. Have you done that?
It is important to do so because you will be able to identify the block generated this error.

1 Like

@Muneer
I think it was when I tried to enter this screen to change my data sources from my local DB to the clouds, and them it showed this problem, and it didn’t let me change anything. Anyway, I have tried “control + Z”, but it doesn’t work… Do you know what do I have to do?
Thanks

@Muneer
The only difference with my security copy is that block you can see, but I don’t think it could cause such an error

And the original again:

I rather think There must be some corrupted code in the server they use to my country or something like that

@Muneer, @jared, @tatiang

I have a security copy of my proyect., so as I’m having these problems, I went there to see what happened and There were no problems, only that as the data was incorrect because of the change I made from local to the cloud, when executing it showed it could not get the information from the files, giving me “thunkable” as a response

So with this security file, I tried “Save Screen to My Screens”, and then tried to import the saved thing with my app (not the security copy), and them it generated the same response of Internal error, without
executing anything

ASny suggestions?, any help from the staff?
Thanks

1 Like

Copying a whole screen with its code will not help in identifying the cause of the internal error.

You do not need saved screens just to change the data source because, as i understand it, it will not work and your data sources will automatically be converted to local tables pre-filled with “Thunkable” text or “Lorem Ipsum” which will lever you in the same position you are in.

One troubleshooting step for the “internal error” issue is to start disconnecting blocks one by one until the error message goes away. Then, you know that the last block you disconnected was causing the error.

I most often have that issue with the “list of values” Data Source block but I don’t see that in your screenshots.

1 Like

@muneer @tatiang
Hi. Thanks for your answers. I have finally solved the problem of the Internal error by clicking twice on each error alarm the new address that it should have. Now it works again. I think I don’t understand well then, what are the “save screen to my screen” or “Save as Data Viewer Layout” for, if they are not used to be as a model from which the necessary data can be changed to be used in another screen…

2 Likes

I stopped using “Save Screen to My Screen” because it duplicated variables and caused all sorts of problems. That was quite a few months ago. I’m not sure if that feature has been improved since then.

The Data Viewer Layouts have some issues but I haven’t had the experience of errors occurring just from saving them. It’s usually the result of connecting blocks that don’t match types in Thunkable.

1 Like

Add to that, Saved screens feature does not import Data Sources with it. It will import the blocks but the actual Data Source such as a table from Airtable will not be imported and you will have to add the Data Sources manually.

1 Like

@muneer @tatiang Both of them are very important for my proyect, so I have to try to get the best results with them. Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.