In this code ,each time to run project ,the result different

This project I add database from Airtable into list name whiteboard. and I found the result of running project are different. I think it 's because of time in each process. but I’m not sure. In fact it should be the same result in every run time. How can I fix it or what’s the problem of my code. Actually I don’t want to used wait block because I think it’s not make sense .

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Can you explain why are you using a cloud variable for the list you are building from Airtable?

Can you also explain why when you are trying to find a matching entry in the list, you added “,” to the string to be found?

Can you explain why are you using a cloud variable for the list you are building from Airtable?

I just try to change from app , store and cloud for see the difference result . and I found that it’s not effect for the result.

Can you also explain why when you are trying to find a matching entry in the list, you added “,” to the string to be found?

“,” is added by airtable3.getallrow
I try to find the record that match both date and name and want to retrieve jobname from that record.
because actually I want to script in airtable but the problem is I use free pro for airtable so the automatic script not provide in free pro.
and after that I use airtable.getallcell to list j and use for loop to check data in each row in the list . I found that for loop work through until the end of the list by passing any checking process. (if condition inside for loop)
so I decided to getalltable to the whiteboardlist and loop for check each row instead. and now this is the probem I found again.

For this case, better use app variable

There must be something wrong. Airtable will not add any text to your entries. Please check again as this will make the condition to evaluate to FALSE every single time.

1 Like

1 Like

this is a result from airtable3.getallrow . “,” is added into the list automatically.

1 Like

This is correct. You are trying to view a list in a text field so Thunkable will show you the entries in the list separated by comma.

If you view the same list in a List Viewer you will see the content of the list without the comma.

ahh,I see.

Untitled

This is text I want to search in the list ,but it’s still not found.
I deleted “,” from list condition to search already.

1 Like

Now we come to the other point that you made in your own code.

If you closely look at how you add to the list you will see that you are adding a list to a list

Your code is searching in List 1 but you are saving your data in List 2 and therefore the test condition will always yield FALSE.

I understand that this code keep data set of list2 into whiteboardlist as insert at last. Is it true?
How can I correct it in searching process?

1 Like

A picture worth a thousand word

I created this List of a List to be similar to your situation.

This is the code under the button

I’m looking for “KLM”. When I run it I get the following

Thank you so much . I try following your suggest and it’s work!!.

1 Like