In a listview of friends, how do you remove yourself from the list view?

Pretty self-explanatory. Using airtable I have the following:

freindlist_test

There is a stored variable of “username” to compare to but I can’t seem to figure out how to insert that into the list view.

I just can’t seem to wrap my brain around what to do. I tried to change the stored variable “name” but it seems to send a cascade across the whole app and screws it all up.

Hi Solidad,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Is this a list of user names?

You will need to use the object to json block to convert your column into a list. Once this is done you should then be able to do comparisons with your username variable.

hope that helps.

Actually, i apologize. I think the problem I have been having all along is I am “throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks” as opposed to more of a problem solving approach. In other words, “what is the app supposed to do and how do I achieve that” rather than trying to get a component to do something that it may not be intended for. Basically, I was using the spreadsheet wrong for the purposes of what I wanted to build.

BTW, the live streams are wonderful. I didn’t realize they were part of the tutorials but they are much better for what I was looking for (a little more depth).

What I have been banging my head over is getting a user to user chat working. So currently I am looking at the " Thunkable Instant Messenger" (for android) and trying to figuring out if I can adapt it to thunkable x. It’s a tall order but I hope to figure it out.