I made an app, however I made it on a newer version so I cannot use realtime database

I made an app, however I made it on a newer version so I cannot use realtime database. I have worked a lot on the aesthetics and I do not want to restart. Is there any way to solve this?

You can use cloud variables instead (which is the same thing) in the ‘Variable’ tab

Hey @dario.wycocoxpra

welcome to the community! What kind of app are you building?

In the latest version of our platform, you’ll no longer use purple Firebase blocks and instead can use the Cloud Variables directly.

Thanks for the reply, however I’m working on a school project. I consulted with my teacher and she stated that we should be using firebase rather than cloud variables. Is there no other solution?

1 Like

You can access Firebase through the cloud variables. This is how the platform is setup.

We have made Firebase easier ot use by removing ‘firebase’ blocks and instead calling them Cloud variables. We do the heavy work in the code to make it so that your cloud variables use the firebase bucket that you specify in your app settings.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.