I have followed Darren’s video on the subject exactly, step-by-step, and I am not able to create or update cloud variables in firebase.
At this point in the video (https://youtu.be/HKAPoBG5KGw?t=461) he has
- created a cloud variable in thunkable
- created a project in firebase
- created a realtime db in firebase
- set the realtime db to ‘test’ mode, so no auth is required to write to it
- copied the db url into the thunkable settings
- copied the api key into the thunkable settings
He then goes back into firebase, views his db, and it automagically has a node corresponding to the cloud variable he created. I have done all of those things, and no such node exists. I’m going effing bonkers.
edit: I am not able to use the direct realtime db component in thunkable, because my project is in the drag-and-drop editor, which apparently can’t use that.