Guardar actualizar y eliminar datos con la variable nube

Hello, I would like to know more about the variables because I have no idea how it works, if I want to save data, retrieve it, update it, and delete it under the userid variable, as I could do with the cloud variable, if someone could help me and explain with examples, I would be grateful.

thank you

1 Like

Can you explain your own use case with details?

I gathered you want to use Firebase and want to know how to store/retrieve/update values in Firebase, is this correct?

Explain what you want to do and share the blocks that you tried so far which did not get you the expected results so others can guide you of what to do and how to fix the blocks.

I haven’t made any blocks yet because I don’t know how the variables work, let’s see I want to store data in a cloud variable without using firebase in real time and at the same time that it can be updated, deleted, retrieved that data in that cloud variable.

thank you

1 Like

If you are using a cloud variable then the data is going to be stored in Firebase.

Your other option is to use a Google Sheet or Airtable if you need online storage.

Or you can use stored variables or a local data source (table) to store data on the mobile device.

But you haven’t explained enough about how you plan to use the data.

1 Like

is that that is the problem that I do not want to use online storage and I was looking and you can use the cloud type variable without using firebase in real time.

1 Like

In Thunkable, cloud variables are permanently connected to Firebase. If you use the cloud variables without setting Firebase then you will not be able to save values and whatever data stored in the cloud variables would not persist between sessions.

1 Like

okay, and how would it be to save data with the cloud variable in firebase

1 Like

See this demo
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/6251f493ac76d70011a2a091

See this from the documentation

If you don’t want online storage then you will need to use a stored variable or a local data source. You can read about those in the documentation but if you have specific questions about how to use them, post them here.

1 Like

Thank you so much

1 Like

thank you

1 Like

This demo uses stored variables instead of cloud variables.
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/619b26462a8c5200388b8f38

Hello, thank you very much for the example, and with this variable the data persists, for example, if you change devices or use the device’s storage.

1 Like

Stored variables are saved to the mobile device. If you change devices, you will not have access to that data.

If you quit the app or turn off the device with the stored data, the data will still be there the next session.

1 Like

Hello, sorry to bother you again, I don’t understand the code very much, how I save various data with the cloud variable and how I would use the firebase blocks, and how I would make it return the data on another screen in a data viewer.

Thank you.

1 Like

Can you share your project for me to see what you want to do and I will modify it to make it work?

hello let’s see I want to save several data with the variable
cloud using the firebase blocks then one screen I want to save the data and then on another screen that the data is returned to me through the data viewer
I’m doing it like this but I really don’t know how to do it

thank you

1 Like

Let’s start by using a simpler example
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/6251f493ac76d70011a2a091

This project has two screens. One to view the saved profile in Firebase and the other screen is to update the profile. Check it this makes sense to you.

First of all, thank you very much for your help, and how would you do so that when you open the screen, it returns, for example, first name in a data viewer

1 Like

DVL (Data Viewer List) is only bound to a database connection like Airtable, Google sheet or Local table. You can not connect DVL directly to Firebase.