Cant find the data of my firebase realtime database

Hello everyone.
I am new to thunkable.
I already have firebase database configured, I already set the api key and dabatase url, and now what? I can’t find anywhere the database component, or whatever it’s called. I don’t know where it appears or where to see a tutorial, because all there are for an old version.
Can someone help me? g
thanks

1 Like

In the new version (DnD UI) Firebase data can be read using cloud variables. You do not need any other components. When you add a variable, the default is app variable but you can change the app to cloud or stored. When you use cloud as the variable type, the variable name becomes the database key.

Let me know if this is not clear enough and you need code examples.

Thanks Munner.
Yes please, do you have a example?

1 Like

In my Firebase Database, I have a master key (Bucket) called myBooks. In this example I am referring to the content of the keys in two ways

• Fixed variables, where you need to initialize them
  • Dynamic variables where you use this in the code and can use other variables in the key name.

1 Like

thanks.
The old version looks more easy. I will figure how this works.

1 Like

See this post

Hi Munner, me again.
I can get a value, but i cant get a lis of values. I saw on the exaple this function:
but i cant find on my project.
In which part is located?
thanks

1 Like

This block is only available in the StP UI (also called the Legacy UI). This block is not available in DnD UI.

Which UI are you using DnD (Drag and Drop) or StP (Snap to Place)?

1 Like

oh! it was driving me crazy because in all the examples there was that block and I couldn’t find it.
Now I will start the project in StP UI.
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi. I am Ahmed
I am using the DnD UI and I couldn’t find the realtime DB block.
Can someone help me?