How to work with project bucket in firebase?

Hello,
I want to create a firebase project bucket like : name.text , number.text , variable id
And in that project bucket, store name, id, mobile, membership no., food choice, email and etc.
How can I do this?
@actech suggested using / for setting child.
I cannot under stand this… Means how should I set the firebase project bucket name which is name , no. , id?

Thanks in advance,
Kartik :slight_smile:

14 Likes

And please clear my confusion about the white line apprearing over my title approx the size of status bar; even if all the screens have status bar = false…

Plus, How should I use the Stack Navigator?
Does the stack navigator close screens when back is pressed? Because I am having problems while normally navigating screens… (when back is pressed, the previous screen opens. I want to exit app. I saw the stack navigator closing screen in @actech’s demo app after back button in the top bar is pressed.If we press back on the main screen which comes after the navigator’s back btn is pressed, The app closes. It does not return to the other screen… I want like this)
If Stack Navigator can help me, Then it will be very helpful if anyone guides me how to use / implement it. :slight_smile:

Kartik

3 Likes

@actech or @domhnallohanlon,

Can you Help me?
Because it a little urgent and I cannot find the key…
Sorry for the call

Kartik

12 Likes

Hello,

To eliminate the bar above the title, set the screen paddings = 0.

To work with FireBase, create an object and save it in FireBase. I haven’t done an example yet, but I’m going to do it.

You write what you want to do StackNavigator as in my project. You can do this in two ways. The first way is to figure out how this is done for me. The second way is to create a copy of my project and delete all unnecessary screens, leaving only a few that may be useful to you.

3 Likes

Okay, Thanks for your Reply :slight_smile:

I am building an app for a big seminar. The app contains registration (firebase), brochure, queries, feedback, receipt image and many screens till 14. I have my custom made side menu in my app. When a screen is opened from the menu screen, and when back is pressed on the screen opened, It gets to the previous screen opened and so on from the menu screen.
I saw that in stack navigator, this does not happen. Therefore, I want to use the Stack Navigator for Navigation. But I still cant figure how to do…

And can u please explain the firebase part more clearly to me?
And of spreadsheets, I am trying to save the screenshot of the receipt screen in the cloud. (the admin will save i the cloud and the user will get his / her respective receipt from the cloud. The Airtable Spreadsheet has Attachment field type for images and images are not being stored…can you provide a working snippet? or an idea?)

Thanks in advance

12 Likes

When using StackNavigator, after pressing the back button, the current screen is removed from the stack of screens and returned to the parent screen. With normal navigation it will be different - another screen will be created, not a return to the previous one.

To use StackNavigator, you need to place this component on the screen and add the necessary screens to it.

If you want to use different types of navigation, then this must be done very carefully. You need to understand well how each type of navigation works.

1 Like

@actech, All the Screens come with all side padding of 0.
I didn’t change it in any screens + status bar is also false in every screen…
Can it be some other problem?

Kartik

12 Likes

by default, indents are zero, but this does not mean that this is actually the case. Manually set all padding to 0.

1 Like

Ohh Thanks :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Now on the base.

1. You can store the picture in the attachment of the AirTable table and download it to app
  2. You can store a link to an image that is in the cloud in the AirTable text box.
  3. In FireBase, you can store a picture (in the repository) and a link to it (in the database)

These are the options

4 Likes

And what’s wrong in this code for the Image in spreadsheets? :point_down:

11 Likes

I’ve corrected the above code…
While screenshot, I just duplicated the button and changed the code.
But it’s still not storing…

10 Likes

In this way, you cannot save an image to AirTable. So you can only save a link to it in the text box. You can add an image to a table only directly via the AirTable console.

But you can try this way: send the image to the encoding service in Base64 (for example, http://api.foxtools.ru/v2/Help/Base64), get the text code of the image from this service and then save it to AirTable.

3 Likes