How to Save Images to Local Storage with Custom Filename in Thunkable?

Hello Thunkable Community,

I’m working on a custom camera app for my company and I’ve hit a bit of a roadblock. The app is designed to be straightforward: it needs a text box for users to input a custom image name, a button to take a photo, and then it should save the photo to the device’s local storage using the name provided in the text box.

So far, I’ve been able to implement the UI elements (text input for the image name and the take photo button) and the camera functionality to capture photos. However, I’m struggling to find a way to save the captured images to the device’s local storage.

I’ve looked through the available blocks and components but haven’t found a clear way to achieve this. I’m wondering if anyone here has tackled a similar challenge or could offer any guidance on how to proceed. Specifically, I’m looking for advice on:

How to save an image captured with the Camera component to the device’s local storage.

If direct local storage saving isn’t possible with Thunkable’s current capabilities, I’m open to alternative approaches or workarounds that could achieve a similar result. Any advice, tutorials, or pointers to relevant blocks/components would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help and insights!

Save the data as a list of objects with properties “photo” and “name”. Use the green photo block for the “photo” property and a text input’s text for the “name” property. Each item in the list is an object and you store it as a stored variable.