How to import data from a sheet (googlo or airtable) to a localDB?

Each button in the Column list has an ordinal number, which you can compare with the number of the correct answer.

There is another way. When uploading questions to a separate variable, you can save the text of the correct answer by getting it from the column by ordinal number. Then you can compare the text on the button with the text of the correct answer in this variable.

I try to connect the ordinal number of the clicked button to number of the correct answer in this way

in the blu arrow blocks I created a number order J of the buttons in column1
in the yellow arrows blocks I created a variable that contains the order number of the clicked button(component) within the group of buttons in column 1
in the red arrow blocks I try to connect the variable of order number of the clicked botton with correct answer value
I doesn’t work …
Can you show me the errors I made?
this is my project
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/c18bd48c43d9ec14df2fdffe90918969

in the yellow arrows blocks I created a variable that contains the order number of the clicked button(component) within the group of buttons in column 1

Show me this number

I don’t understand what you mean? if it’s wrong (probably) could you tell me which bloks to use?

You say that the block that the yellow arrow points to contains the sequential number of the button. So I ask you, why do you think that? You put the value of this block on the screen and there was the serial number of the button? So I ask you to show the contents of this block on the screen and show me this number.

mmm…I’m still not understanding your question😅 i try to explane…
in a quiz the most important operation is to establish if the clicked answer is the right one. the score and the positive and negative feedbacks depend on this. in all quiz apps you can load a list with questions and answers and then a record in which to indicate which is the right answer (the first or the second or …). in the blocks I tried to link this record with the clicked button number (the first, the second, etc.) in order to identify precisely if the answer is right or wrong. in my first project I made 4 blocks one per button, in case of click. using any component formulas things change and I don’t know which blocks to use anymore. I am sure that it is the fast way but I do not know the blocks well. I hope I have clarified …

You have a variable app.scelta, in which you write the ordinal number of the button. Is that so? If this is the case, then you write the sequential number of the button to this variable 4 times. Create a ListViewer on the screen and write these numbers in it so that they can be seen on the screen. That’s what I’m asking you to do. Show these numbers on the screen. Should the screen display 1,2,3,4. Is this displayed?

1 Like

ok I’ve done it! The items are 1,2,3,4

1 Like

Mamma Mia!

Come hai potuto rispondere alla mia domanda se non c’è risposta. Ok, ti faccio vedere.

Ora la domanda stessa. Hai scritto che la variabile app scelta contiene il numero di sequenza del pulsante. Quindi in lblInfo.Text dovrebbe visualizzare questo valore, ma vedo il valore “undefined”. Quindi ti chiedo, perché scrivi che in questa variabile hai il numero ordinale del pulsante, se non lo è?

Un’altra volta. È necessario ottenere il numero di sequenza del pulsante. Crea blocchi in modo che il numero di sequenza del pulsante dall’elenco venga visualizzato sullo schermo in lblInfo invece di “undefined”. Hai capito cosa fare adesso?

Here is a block that displays the sequential number of the button on the screen

изображение

Now compare this number with the correct answer number

now I’m starting to understand something :sweat_smile:… sorry but I’m just a beginner…I started using thankable for a week…there is one thing i don’t understand…why did you use a block with value “background picture”?

but did you answer me directly in Italian?:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:chapeau!!

I answered you in Italian because I wanted you to understand the answer better. )) But it is better to write in English so that other users can help you. Not everyone like me can read and write in 50 different languages. ))

There are several ways to get the sequential number of an item from the list.

1. Use the search block for an item in the list

2. Create a loop for all the list items and use the if operator to find the item with the desired index

3. Write the index value to any appropriate component property - this is the coolest way, but also the most incomprehensible for those who do not know about it.

If I have a wallet, it doesn’t mean that I can only put money in it. I can put stamps, pencils, candy, chewing gum, photos, keys, and everything else that I need and that the wallet can hold. Just like here, if you see a block for storing the image name, it doesn’t mean that this block only needs to store links to images. think you understand me. )

you are fantastic ACTech!!:sweat_smile:thanks for your answer!! Now I understand! I’ll try to correct my project… hoping it’s the right time !! Sorry but my aim is to learn, not to have the app already done and I couldn’t understand the logic of the blocks even if they worked !! Now I get to work !!

It doesn’t work…I don’t know why…the questions do not change, the answers too and the correct answer doesn’t change the color in green

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/0a9ab3ef52fda11b79762c742ec2b0c9

To find an error, use the same method that I showed you earlier. You need to display all the data on the screen so that you can see which block has incorrect data or where the data is not updated as it should be.

how can I show data? in a label? Infact I have many problems today with thunkable platform…I have lost some changes to the project and the preview does not work neither on the site nor on the app…

how can I show data? in a label?

I think that you can answer this question yourself

Infact I have many problems today with thunkable platform…I have lost some changes to the project and the preview does not work neither on the site nor on the app…

It happens. Make copies of projects more often.

I redid the project, I solved the button order number problem by linking the selected button’s answer with the correct one via text … it seemed to work and instead it crushes with the preview … I have already tried to exit and re-enter and clear the cache …please help me to understand the error in a simple way, for example by pointing me to the wrong block

these are my blocks…I can’t find the error

this is my project…you can see the crush

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/9371b329c08d587249f6addd77e7ae37

I’ve done it! The last problem was due to a problem with some blocks and not the platform … I made several attempts by moving the position of these blocks to other positions and in the end I solved it … very useful the advice to make visible the values ​​of the variables for control them. Here is the schematic of the project: I added some news …
after the initial screen you get in a screen where you can chose wich test to play (every test is a table/sheet of airtable)

using a variable you can change the table of airtable …the in the screen1, the most important you can get the right items and the quiz works very well

using any components blocks you can do it with few blocks!!

returning to the thread thanks to the method indicated by Actech you can quickly download data from airtable tables without making continuous references to it, with blocks that slow down!
Special thanks to Actech for their patience and availability !! As a teacher, I would like to give you some advice: do not assume that a beginner has clear what is clear to you😉

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/ab11f6c43e73fcd54423228e7dda16bc

Nice work! @profdelbiancoq3xbm and @actech. Teamwork makes the dream work! Can you share a project link so we all may benefit from this!