How to get email from firebase?

my app is basically using the blocks for firebase and it works perfectly so far. i’m trying to see if i can retrieve the email from the firebase authentication console, so that way i can make the error about duplicate emails when signing up. i know that i can set the “credential issues” label text to just show the actual error, but i’m trying to display the error in my own text. how could i retrieve the email? would i need to use a variable?

Have you tried signing up twice with the same email address? I think Firebase won’t allow that.

i have tried without realizing, which is how i discovered the error. i want to see if i can make the error for users who accidently try to do the same thing

I think this setting will prevent that:

i do have it set to that. does it prevent that error from showing up?

I’m not sure which error you mean but if you assign the green ‘error’ block to a label’s text, you can display it.

basically this error. i’m trying to change the label to my own text, but the problem is i don’t know how to get the email from firebase

i was working on a backup (which is this same app but a slightly previous version) and the issue seemed to resolve itself and my custom error was able to show up. not sure how, but i guess it was working all along :stuck_out_tongue:

this topic can be closed if needed now

earlier i was tweaking my firebase blocks, and all of a sudden the emails can’t seem to verify

which is strange, because the verification email seems to send, and the link works
Screenshot 2023-11-04 173346

here are the blocks that have to do with verifying emails, if that helps

Please don’t create multiple topics for the same problem. It makes it confusing for anyone trying to help you. I’ll close this and merge it with your other topic.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.