How to get data for an individual user from a google sheet?

Hi, first of all sorry if this title is badly worded I don’t know how to fully explain my issue.

Now - I am making an app for my school and when the user signs up (they need to enter name, email, password, phone number, and whether they are a student or faculty) all that data (except for the password) gets saved to a google sheet. I want to use all that info later in the app and each time they are logged in, in the account screen (except for password). This is easy by just using a stored variable. But what if the user logs in on another device? That info - student or faculty and name wouldn’t be saved on that device (The email would because they are signing in with it).

Is there any way to retrieve that data for that specific user from the google sheet? I don’t see any block that is like search sheet for ___ then get row ID and specific column… The sign in/up is with firebase.

The user might have an account for themselves (student) and their parent under the same account/email (doing it like this because my school only wants school emails and parents don’t have school emails so it has to be the same account for each student)

Each row of your spreadsheet should be a unique “record” representing a user. To find a user’s row, get the value of the “find first occurrence of” block in the List drawer for the column you want to search. See Lists Blocks | Thunkable Docs.

Im kinda confused

I think I got it-- for anyone in the future looking at this this explain it well

1 Like