How to delete a single row from airtable

Then the easier, less efficient way would be your answer. It’s called a vlookup.

You would get the column containing the userID

Then using blocks search for the index of the value in the column matching your search

That index = the row number

Delete/modify that row #

Where do I get it?

I would use the ref or phone number column as my reference assuming no two users have the same phone number.

I just used ref as the id and used api to delete it, but it was not successful.

Can you show the url (block your api key) ?

I’d like to see what the filterByFormula looks like

I’m sorry, I’m busy with other things, I didn’t see your information, you can try it in my project yourself, because I made it public

Not to offend, but If you don’t have time to work on this and neither do I. When you’re able to show those things let us know and the community would be happy to help. Unfortunately using the API can be tricky and you have to send things very specifically. A Vlookup is your best option if you don’t want to use the API and you can definitely search the forum for posts related to that

Happy Thunking!!

@kentleow1496li9s72,
According to what you are saying, you do not need the Web API component, not you need any other component.

When the user selects the row to be deleted from the data viewer list you need to use this block

And inside it use the [DeleteRow] block and pass the green rowID from this block as the rowID for the DeleteRow.

That is all what you need.

1 Like

From what you mean to me, do you think I don’t want to be lazy and want to find someone to replace me, right?, if I’m like that, why should I work so hard to look at people’s faces? Is it better?, I know that many people don’t want to do it all the time and think about getting the answer, but if you can see before registering a community account or see how long it took me to prepare for this project , You decide if I am that kind of person

pdf is a pdf format diagram of an order. If it is deleted immediately when clicked, the user will not be able to view the order.

So I hope to click the button to delete the entire row of data when the order is complete

1 Like

Yes, the [DeleteRow] block will delete the entire row not only the data shown in the data viewer list.

I advise that you use the Alert to further check if the user really wants to delete this row and was not clicking by mistake.

As I explained earlier, I’m away from my computer now but happy to provide you the changes tomorrow.

Thank you for your help, I will continue to try and see, thank you very much

1 Like

You asked me what response I got, I will answer you now is Not Found 404

1 Like

This means there is a problem or a typo error in the URL of the API.

However, I still believe you don’t need to go through the API because you can use the rowID provided by the data viewer list.

The id I am using is provided from rowid, because I put a variable in the listview when the user clicks, the rowid input is saved in the variable

1 Like

Great,
Use this rowID you are storing in the variable as the rowID for the DeleteRow block. This should work.

I tried before, but unsuccessful

1 Like

@kentleow1496li9s72
I had to go back to your explanation and then I found my mistake. The title of the post you said “Airtable” and this is why we kept trying to do something to remove a record from Airtable but the record you want to delete is actually in a local storage table called “Untitled Base”

This is what you need to do to delete the record (row) in that table

Hope this would clear the confusion.

Of course you can add other things like refreshing the data viewer list after the deletion process is complete to reflect changes.