How To create a dynamic QR code which changes automatically after each scan or after an interval

I want to make an app (admin + user) in which admin will open app and qr code will be generated and when user scan to that qr it should be changed either after interval 15-30 seconds or after each scan and I want that the details I will ask users while there sign up should be sent to Admin after user scan that qr code .
Someone please suggest me how to do this give me some suggestion how should I get started so that I can make this app.

1 Like
  1. QR codes have unique URLs. So how would you create different QR codes for the same URL? I don’t think that’s possible.
  2. If it was possible, you would need to use an API to generate the QR code. But again, I don’t think it’s possible.
  3. I don’t know of a way that you can determine if a QR code has been scanned. But depending on your web hosting software, you might be able to tell when someone has visited a URL you own.

I’m curious… what is the need for QR codes that constantly change?

I dont want to redirect to any website I just want any random stuff saved to a qr code and once user scan it its user detail should be send to admin who created the qr and change after each scan

Okay, I think I might understand. You want the user’s inputted data to be included in a QR code that the app generates. And then an admin will be sent that QR code. And when the next user inputs their data, a new QR code will be generated, etc.

Correct?

If so, you can start by Googling Thunkable QR codes. There are forum posts and tutorials that show how to create your own codes.

1 Like

Let me explain you more clearly
basically first I will create user signup and there they will fill details such as name and roll number
and there is another admin app which is accesible to specific people
I want just admin open his app and place his phone at a place and users come and scan that code and user data i.e. name and roll number after scanning should be sent to Admin
And to avoid sharing qr code while taking photo and sharing with friends I want to change qr code everytime so it is unique everytime.
I hope I make you understand more clear now

Does the QR code link to a Google Form or another type of form?

My guess is that you want the QR code to link to a form but for some reason you don’t want that QR code to be the same every time. So you’ll need to see if there is an API that will create a new QR code for an existing link. I don’t know that much about QR code generation but I think if you give a generator a url, it will always create the same QR code. But maybe not!

A workaround would be to require users to enter an email address when they provide their information and then NOT allow a user to use the same email address more than once. Then you can use a single QR code for everyone.

I asked ChatGPT:

So you could use an API to generate QR codes and just append (join) a number or letter sequentially to the end, as shown in the ChatGPT response. You could use a variable to hold that number/letter and increase its value each time a new QR code is generated.

But wait… you’re actually wanting the QR codes to stop working after a user visits the url, right? I have no idea if that’s possible… but Google found a site that says it is: One-time scannable QR Code | QR Planet.

1 Like

I will try exploring it and will inform you if it works.

Basically I am trying to make an attendance system without getting proxies by students , the main problem with static qr is a student can send that qr to any other student online and can mark his present , so for this I need dynamic QR which will leads to stop proxy as sending qr to anyone will not work .
Basically I dont want to open any link with qr scanning thats only for attendance .

If you have any other idea related to my problem I would be glad to listen that.
Thankyou for replying me sir.

Any solution to it?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.