How to complete the new Google Data safety form?

Hi guys,

So, I just received an e-mail from Google Play reminding me to complete the new Data safety forms for my apps distributed through Play. These forms should be completed by April the latest or apps & publishing will face restrictions.

I know myself what kind of data I’m collecting but I don’t really know what kind of data Thunkable apps in general collect. Google advices me to report all the data the apps are collecting–whether this is utilized or not in the end. So, for example, if some particular SDK is included within the app and by default this SDK collects some data, I should report it. And particularly this is where it gets a bit tricky for me to really know what to report.

So could I simply ask for the Thunkable team & everyone else who might know more about how to fill in these Data safety forms for Google to weigh in here? I’m sure I’m not the only one wondering about this. As people are starting to take data safety more and more seriously, for example in the E.U., it would be nice to get this right, rather than hear that I’ve left something out afterwards.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Ping @jared @domhnallohanlon @muneer & others.

3 Likes

Apple has been doing this for a while. Each app, when published, needs to disclose what kind of info, if any, you collect from/about a user. This includes location, duration of time in app, name/phone number, etc.

I haven’t seen their new form yet and cant seem to log into my developer account at the moment. Wanna share it here? The blank form I mean. :sob:

2 Likes

I still did not get any request for update from Google Play and therefore will not be able to help as I do not know the content of such form yet.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Yeah, it’s really happening. Check for more info here:

I know the Apple form but I was wondering about the new Google one as it seemed to emphasize embedded SDK’s etc. Check out the tabs on the page for more information.

What do you think?

Guys – any insight on this? :slight_smile:

We’ll have to do it anyway, sooner or later, so would be nice to share some wisdom if someone has any insight.

In any case, have a great weekend everyone!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.