How to add title a user's inputted into a list

Hello, I am creating an educational app where users can post and share their school notes. Basically, the user submits a note in a screen I called NewNote:

1/?

And then a list picker should have all the titles of the notes in the database:

The problem is, right now nothing shows up in the list. I am not sure what I am doing wrong myself. Help would be appreciated!

Hi @iiRosie1, welcome to the Thunkable Community. :wave:

Just from a debugging perspective, I’d recommend that you add in a label or two, to display that data that is being returned from the RealtimeDB. If you’re dealing with JSON, you may need some of the objects blocks to access the notes and titles that you are looking for.

I have done a simple note sharing app using airtable and the list viewer. there is a basic tutorial on the thunkable youtube site that shows how to create an airtable based app. if you need help expanding from that PM me and I can share the handouts I made for my students I am improving them at the moment

1 Like

Thanks Tina! Is this the tutorial you were thinking of?

yes this is it. Its simple to follow had some really good ideas for use from year 7’s when I have finished the resources for these I will share.

1 Like

My project is due on April 23rd. Would it be possible to restart my code and get it done by then? I would rather just fix whatever isn’t working with what I have right now.

That’s hard to say without knowing a couple of things.

1. How many blocks are in your project?
  2. How many hours a day do you have, over the next 16 or 17 days, to get this done?

Well I guess the better answer would be to try and fix what I have now.

Great, best of luck with your app!

You would only need to replace the database with the spreadsheet option. But fixing the current problem is also a good idea in terms of learning I have learnt so much from debugging. I have found common errors to include case sensitivity and JSON copying name errors. You say the project is due is this for a graded project for school? How much have to completed on the interface side? I will take a further look next week as no real internet at the moment.

1 Like

Just looking at your program if you are able to see saved data in the online database I think it could be the key you are requesting back check the column heading name. Your program says if there is an error show an empty list and that seems to be what is happening change that line to show and error message so you know for sure