How can I read data from Url json to thunkable

How can I read data from Url json to thunkable.

1 Like

Welcome to Thunkable! You can Google json thunkable for examples of how to do this.

1 Like

You can also search #thunkable-cross-tutorials for “json” and it gives you 9 pretty comprehensive examples.

http://community.thunkable.com/search?q=json%20%23thunkable-cross-tutorials%20order%3Alatest

If you let us know what you’re specifically trying to do we might be able to give you some additional pointers @wasanthestarg0yozk

@wasanthestarg0yozk Is the data from the URL always going to just be a number or could it possibly be some more complex JSON?

Do you just want that number that appears on the screen?

Hi, @wasanthestarg0yozk! :wave:

This is how you would do it, if you just want to get that 4.6025 … on a label -

(I have used a textInput, you can switch to a label)

Hope I helped you! :+1:
Thanks! :blush:

4 Likes

thank you

how can i do to reading show data realtime or refresh

You have to run the Get block again.

1 Like

Could the get block be put into a loop with a delay? Maybe refresh ever second or at some predetermined interval

1 Like

do you some example to me please

These blocks might help you -

What are they doing is, continuously calling the API for latest response.

1 Like

Looping without error may cause an error If the server puts a limit on requests per minute/second. Maybe not though! Give it a try and report back!!

wow!. thank you so much bro.

1 Like

right just get delay for looping thank bro.

1 Like

Did my post solve your Problem? If yes, please mark that post as Solution, and it will mark the topic as Solved in the Community.

1 Like

now is my problem, is it Graph in Thunkable.

get date and data on the week,

Graphs in thunkable are limited at best. @actech has a working demonstration in his 2020 Demo app. I use quickchart.io and can share how I do that if you would like.

The issue lies with showing graphs in the webviewer on iOS. I can get graphs to work on android phones very easy using the google. for some the graphs dont show on my phone.

quickchart on the other hand, produces a png or jpg image that is displayed instead of the graph needing to be drawn on the phone using javascript

1 Like

@wasanthestarg0yozk It’s very easy.

@jared Same pinch!
Whenever I require graphs, I too use quickchart.io! :smile:

It’s very easy, and minimal charts are provided too.

More info on this would be, the image can be produced through just a URL - and Thunkable’s images support direct-URL images :+1:

We could help you on formatting your data for URL. :blush: