How can I animate a sidebar using timer?

Hello,
I am trying to animate a sidebar opening form left side…
I don’t want to use the drawer navigator because I am navigating users by pressing the button…
how can I do this? I want to do it like the drawer navigator - as it opens slowly from the left side…
I want to do like : when the ≡ button is clicked, visible a 250-pixel container containing 12 menus…

Thanks in advance…
Kartik

8 Likes

@domhnallohanlon,
Can you please help me with this?

(Sorry for the call)

8 Likes

Hello,

What causes you difficulty? Create a Column with a width of 250 px. In Column add a list with 12 options. You also create a button to control the visibility of the Column. When you start the application, make the Column invisible, and when you press the button, change the visibility of the Column.

Yes.
I did that all
I just want to animate the opening of the sidebar…
When we click the button, The sidebar suddenly appears…
I want it to slowly open…

8 Likes

For slow opening, you can use a timer, when triggered, the width of the Column will increase, but my experience shows that the result will not be as good as you expect. I do not think that it will work smoothly and beautifully.

1 Like

Ok Thank you very much!

Kartik

1 Like

@actech ,
How should I add the swipe open feature in that?
Like canvas.swipe right, increase width…

Kartik

1 Like

In the event handler for the timer event, you need to insert a block for changing the width of the Column. Initially Column width = 0. In the event handler, you need to increase this width to 250px. Do you understand how this is done?

Custom gestures in Thunkable X do not work. You can place the Slider and when moving the slider, increase the width of the Column by reading the current value of the slider.