Google Sheets creating new + offline

Hello Everybody

I have Q. questions regarding working with Google Sheets in Thunkable

I would like to ask whether the following scenario is possible in Thunkable. I assume some parts are possible, but I would like confirmation, and for others, I need specific advice:

Downloading selected demo data from Google Sheets: I assume Thunkable allows downloading data stored in Google Sheets after the app is installed. Is there a standard and straightforward process for this in Thunkable?

Automatically creating a new Google Sheet (or adding a list) during registration for each user: Upon registration, I would like to automatically create a new Google Sheet for each user, where both registration data and data recorded by the app will be stored. Is this feasible in Thunkable?

Saving data online and offline: From what I have found, Thunkable supports saving data to Google Sheets online, but I am unsure whether it is possible to store data offline and sync it later when the device is connected to the internet. Is there native support in Thunkable for this functionality, or can it be handled or solve?

Synchronizing data via mobile data or Wi-Fi: I assume Thunkable automatically syncs data when the device is connected to the internet, but is it possible to set specific conditions for synchronization, such as syncing only over Wi-Fi or mobile data?
Is there a way to configure this in the app?

Thank you in advance for your answers and advice on how to achieve this scenario in Thunkable

I’m not sure what you mean. Published Thunkable apps can access Google Sheets data. What do you mean by “demo” data? And do you mean downloading to the device so the user can access the data offline without the need for the app?

You would need to use the Google Apps API / Google Scripting for this.

I don’t think there’s a way to sync offline data but you could figure out a way to do that using the API or Scripting.

Don’t assume that automatic syncing is happening. You are in control of the code so you decide what your app does or doesn’t do. You can create timers and other triggers for updating or retrieving online data.

There’s a Device is Online block that will help with this. See Device Blocks | Thunkable Docs.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply!

I mean
after downloading the app, to display offline demo data in the app.

Well, when they download the app they have to be online but if you only want the demo data to be offline data then put it in the local data source for the app and you can display it offline that way.