Filtering Airtable Database

Hello,
I am trying to filter though the gender on an Airtable database. I have a list of 10 values and I want to be able to display how many are female, male, or other (I am starting with just finding how many females). I have looked through the forum for help, but I wasn’t able to find anything that worked. Does anyone have an idea how I can make this work?

Pic of my database:

My code so far (Note: Button 1 is the one that says female):

The result (After pressing button 1):

1 Like

This should give you a good start
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/5fb9fb1dbfeb240011084d78

1 Like

I have seen many similar projects, but I don’t really understand how they work. I don’t want to have a list viewer component visible on my screen, so is there a way to work around that?

1 Like

The list viewer is just a tool/component to show the result. You can choose to show it in many different ways.

I don’t really understand how I can get the row id without using a dataviewer

1 Like

If you connect to the table using the Data Sources option then you can use the block [List of values] and choose the column to be “ID”. This will give you a list of row IDs of all rows in the table.

Thank you! This really helped me!

1 Like

@aanshi6 I realize the data itself might not be generated by you but I would encourage you to consider inclusive language when requesting a person’s gender and also consider that sex (“Male”, “Female”) is often equated with gender when it shouldn’t be.

A couple links:

3 Likes