Feedback on Thunkable’s New Plan Tier Update

Dear Thunkable Team,

I wanted to share some feedback regarding the recent updates to Thunkable’s plan tiers. I teach at a small independent high school in Mexico and have been using Thunkable for the past two years to introduce students to mobile app development. Unfortunately, given our current circumstances, we are not in a position to afford the premium plans, including the education plan.

The free plan has served us well for the most part, though having access to saved screens could have made collaborative work more efficient. Despite that limitation, we’ve managed to make it work.

However, I am deeply saddened to say that this semester will likely be the last time I use Thunkable in my course. I would kindly ask you to convey my concerns to leadership, particularly regarding the pricing structure and how it may not reflect the economic realities of many countries. To give you some context, the minimum wage in Mexico is around $12 USD per day, which amounts to roughly $1.50 per hour. This is after various labor reforms, and other countries face even greater challenges.

I completely understand that Thunkable is a business, but I believe that more consideration should be given to K-12 students, as many of them may go on to pursue careers where Thunkable could have been a valuable tool in their professional development.

Thank you for taking the time to consider this feedback. I sincerely hope that future pricing models might reflect more equitable access for educators and students around the world.

1 Like

Hi @hugosalazarnqn20b, thanks for your feedback and honesty. We do truly appreciate it. Thunkable has a strong regard for education and teachers and we love that you’re using Thunkable in your classroom to engage your students in learning about mobile app development.

We have offerings specific to education and teachers. I would be more than happy to talk to you about this and see what we can do to help. I’ll send you a DM to get your contact info so we can set up a time to talk.

Thanks again for all you do!