Here’s a strange issue that probably not too many people have run across…
I wanted to make a 5-character string filled with random emojis from https://getemoji.com so I tried these blocks:
But they result in this when previewed:
Or other strange renderings where the emojis (there should be 5 red hearts) are displayed strangely:
It’s definitely related to the emoji characters and also to the
in text get block because if I replace the emojis with something like text symbols ("!@#$%^&"), it works fine and if I set the label’s text to “” it works fine.
My example above shows a random letter from the string “”. That was just to illustrate the problem. The actual string I’m hoping to use is:
Then again, some of the emojis right above are also not formatting correctly… I wonder if something changed in the emoji encoding or in Thunkable. I wasn’t having problems like this before.