Dynamically creating components in new UI

Hello,
Is it possible to create a component like a button in the code for my app in the new UI? If so, how?
Thanks!

1 Like

Use the Any component block in the Advanced section of the Blocks screen.

Yes, but how can I create a button. I don’t see an option for that.

1 Like

The Create and Clone blocks are missing from the Any Component and this bug was reported from the start. This is the only place one can do the dynamic creation of components and we are all waiting for the fix. Sorry if I mislead you.

See the report of bugs in the new UI

1 Like

Does anyone have a timeline for when this feature will be back?

4 Likes

Hi

Is there any update for the clone functionallity in the new UI?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @fedegarcia30hzc97a Thanks for asking. Not ready yet. Our team is working on it, however. It’s not not ready yet and we don’t want to give a timeline so we don’t fail.

we hope to see it live later this year. It’s a really technical issue with how to move things around on the screen. Requires redoing the coordinate system and lots of other moving and really finicky parts.

So not ready yet, but coming eventually.

Is this keeping you from building a portion of your app?

Hi Jared

Im developing a app with a Airtable db with 5K+ rows in the initial screen and i was needing a selection screen that would show previously selected rows that would be created on a different table…this selection screen would need to have information comming from various colums and action buttons. The clone functionality would have helped a lot

I can start with DLV and a custom view using swipe left/righ instead of buttons…the issue could come when scaling the app, if this selection table has hundreds of rows performance could be an issue,