Drag And Drop Running List of Issues and Bugs

This has been discussed already, but just posting it in this topic:

My app’s designer view:

Android Live Test:

There’s also a shadow around my inputs.

And when I try to type in any input, my screen gets hopelessly disfigured:

Yes, I noticed lately that the DnD UI is squeezing components in screen when the keyboard pops up giving similar effect of the Legacy UI.

3 Likes

Would setting screen to scrollable help?

3 Likes

thanks for this comprehensive review!

Is there a (hopefully shrinking) list with the issues in the drag and drop UI (DnD)?

For me the most annoying thing in the DnD: the fixed sizes of components. Back in the good old StP UI I could flag a label with “Fit content” and when I changed the text of the label its size changed perfectly. Even so other components. If somebody needs suggestions: have a look at appgyver: there you have three ways to set the size of an object (like a label, a picture, a button or whatever):

• fixed size (in pixels)
  • relative size (like width=“80%”)
  • formula (like width=0.5 * screen.width() )

For me the fixed size is the least preferable because you never know the size of the device in advance where the app will run.

2 Likes

It’s so confusing with the documentation for the old and new Drag and Drop builder. Some very essential things are missing in the new interface like rows?
It’s really hard to actually work out what’s possible and what’s not, and the mixed docs make it even more confusing.

How can anyone realistically use this app for production level apps in it’s current state?

Rowan have been replaced by groups.
Since components are now placed on X and Y Axis.

Can you turn a group into a custom data viewer list like you could in the old UI?

1 Like

If you have read the first post in this thread you wouldn’t need to ask the question.

There is no reference to custom data viewer lists that I can see but thanks for being so friendly

1 Like

Check under the subject of create and clone components.

Customer data viewers works fine in both DnD and StP.

Currently you need to create your custom data viewer in the StP UI and once saved it will be available under the DnD UI. This feature was there from the start and does not to be mentioned here as this post was meant to have the list if issues.

Yes, it can be confusing. Here’s a link to the Drag and Drop documentation.

When viewing a documentation page, you can click on “Drag and Drop” or “Snap to Place” in the left sidebar to specify an interface:

2 Likes