Download to iOS feature needed & Customer service feedback

@ioannis @matt_conroy @domhnallohanlon @wei

iOS Downloads

I’m going to preface this by saying I know you’re all working hard and I have a lot of respect for you individually. You’re helpful and knowledgeable and kind. But I’m losing faith in Thunkable as a company and that’s a hard truth to swallow. I really love this product and I so so want it to succeed. My assumption is that you’re all over-worked and there’s not enough staff because… reasons:

I’m going to add my voice to previous requests that we get an update about the ability to download projects directly to iOS devices without the need for TestFlight. If it’s not on the roadmap, please let us know definitively. This waiting game is not good. It was last promised “summer of 2022”: [Solved] How can I download my iOS app for testing [July 2022] - #2 by jared. Thunkable Live is a bit buggy but mostly works fine. But the large white bar at the bottom of every preview makes testing apps that require any precision whatsoever in terms of layout a huge guessing game. We need to be able to quickly and accurately test our projects on our mobile devices.

Customer Service

I would add this as a GitHub feature request as has been standard practice in the past but: I know Thunkable staff say they review the GitHub feature requests and bug reports but there aren’t any comments by staff this calendar year. That means dozens of posts by users appear to have been ignored. No response, no tagging to let us know what might be a priority or even that something has been read by someone who can do something about it. I know staff are working on an improved bug reporting system. That’s good. But what do we do about NOW?

I know I’m not the only customer feeling this way. Here’s a comment by a user a few weeks ago on GitHub expressing a similar sentiment:

For the first time, I’m going to start shopping around. I’ll probably – and hopefully – stick with Thunkable but as a paying user, I need more from this company. The paid individual support available through the chat button within projects has been quite good and I appreciate that. But customers need responsiveness in this community, and the forums and GitHub (until it’s replaced by something better) should show proof of that.

2 Likes