Does notch area background color work in live mode?

Not sure if I am inputting the settings right in my app. My iPhone is in dark mode but I can’t see my status bar text. I have changed background color but the notch does not change color. I have also tried changing “ingnore notch area” also.

Any suggestions or tips?

Hey @ryan_hall_apps

I’ll try to help out here. When you say live mode, do you mean the companion app?

Thank you. Yes the companion app.

I’ve never seen the notch color have an effect in the companion app, you need to test in a live app to see that effect. the companion app doesn’t deal with the notch area so that setting should have any effect.

1 Like

Makes sense.

So just so I’m understanding, I need to publish the app to iOS and test through their test flight platform to see if it works?

Correction i tested and confirmed the following:

iOS live app
you should be able to hide/show the status bar.
you should be able to change the content from light to dark
you can’t set notch area color.

Android live app
you should be able to hide/show the status bar.
you should be able to change the content from light to dark
making the status bar translucent allows your screen to slide up into that area giving you a bit more real estate
you hshould be able. to change the color of the companion app

1 Like

Thank you. I was looking in the wrong place. I thought the setting would be a global app setting but it is specific to each screen.

I am now able to adjust as needed and am getting the correct results. Thank you @jared .

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.