Displaying data as a table

Hello Thunkers !
My question is (before ill start working with alot of label’s clones) if theres a easier way to display some data from a local database as a table on phone’s screen.
DataListView with some custom layout cant be used in my case, simply because i dont know the number of columns from the beginning.
Also, if ill finally managed to create some sort of table on screen, number of columns might make displaying dificult of reading, so a sort of user`s zooming the screen is possible ?
Thank you for your time.
PS. Ive searched the forum for same sort of issues, but the posts are very old, and maybe some solution came out in the meantime.

1 Like

Just an aside: if you use a back tick (`) as an apostrophe (’), it will format your post strangely. I edited your post and replaced the back ticks with apostrophes. Any text between two back ticks will appear like this.

2 Likes

I appreciate it… wondering why my text is strange sometimes… now i know. Thanks :wink:

2 Likes

If your data is already in a Google sheet then you can deploy the sheet or a range of it as embedded object and view it using web viewer the embedded object will allow scrolling both vertically and horizontally.

Another method is to have a skeleton html file and use JavaScript to fill the data to html table. You will get scrolling effect in the web viewer.

1 Like

My data is local. I dont use Google sheet because datas are generated by multiple users same time and didnt found a proper way to not mess informations, when 2 users acces in the same time that table. If local, every user have acces to his own data.

This is really above my knowledge :blush: … I have to study this solution.

1 Like

After reading a bit about it, i think that using this ill face the same problem as using GoogleSheet, when multiple users will acces datas same time… And i think that the only solution for this is still something working locally on every user device tho…

1 Like

When there is a well, there is a way.

Create a Google sheet only for this purpose. In the file have one sheet for control and have as many sheets as you expect to have online users at the same time.

For example, if you expect to have up to 10 users seeing this report all at once then create 10 sheets with the same format you want the users to see.

In the control sheet have three columns (sheet name, status, last used)
Every time you want to display the report, check this sheet and take the first one that the status is available and mark it busy and update the Last Used column for the current time. and then populate the sheet and view it as embedded in the web viewer.

Of course once the user closes the view you will mark that row in the control sheet as available again.

1 Like

This YouTube video may help you in creating necessary code.

1 Like