Deleting variables

The option to delete variables on the blocks screen does not appear.
Does anyone know if that option has been removed?

3 Likes

Can Thunkable admin please provide some input to this issue. It appears this and other similar threads have been ignored.

Clearly, copying screens is duplicating elements but especially variables that are unable to be deleted. In my app I even now have duplicated variables with the same name.

A simple question for Thunkable admin. How do we delete redundant variables?

2 Likes

This is what I had to do:

1. Reintroduce the screen into the app. (in my case I still had a copy)
  2. Delete all the initialize variable blocks
  3. Delete the screen.

This was the only way I could remove my ‘phantom’ variables.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

I checked few minutes ago and the option to remove variables without reference is still available in the right click menu :slightly_smiling_face:

hi @muneer

Do you mean left click?
For me, this is only available for the ‘j’ variable. Can you try with a standard variable please.
thanks

1 Like

I initialized a variable named [tryVariabe]
Selected it from the variable drawer to the [Block] screen as usual and then deleted the initialization [Block] and I got this which means no need to delete the variable as it has been deleted automatically. I guess things are working OK.

hi @muneer

I think the issue occurs when importing saved screens that contain variables then subsequently deleting the screen. The variables remain in the lists. All I really know is that I have several variables in my variable list that I no longer have anywhere in my app.

Otherwise all is working as you say.

1 Like