Data source extern

Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to create a block that would allow you to find a list of data recorded on an external database without it being managed by the creator of the application? Let me explain, I would like people using the app to be able to insert lists of data into the app by inserting in a box, for example, the google sheet link of their own list. Is it possible ?
Thank you so much

I think you could do this with the Google Sheets API. But I’ve never tried.

The concern of the google sheet API is that we are the ones who have the google sheet link. I would like people with the application to be able to modify themselves inside the google sheet so that the lists are also modified

I don’t think that’s true. As with an API used in Thunkable, you provide a custom url. So you can have the user input the portion of the url that is unique to them and concatenate it into a full url using the Join block from the Text drawer.

I do worry about privacy concerns if each user has to enter a Google Sheets url into your app but you’d have to address that however you choose to.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.