Custom data viewer list not maintaining column widths

This is probably something I set up wrong but when I create a simple custom layout with two columns side by side inside a row with the columns set to 85% relative width and 15% relative width, and then add a label inside each one (left one aligned to the left within the column; right one aligned to the right within the column), they get squished together.

Here’s the layout while editing it:

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 9.39.59 AM

And here’s the Live Test preview:

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 9.44.50 AM

i think it is work for you

one row, two column, two label, witdh(%85,%15) alignment (left and right)

this app Thunkable

Yours works fine with single word labels. But I want to be able to enter a longer item name and that doesn’t work with your project:

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 10.23.48 AM

What is the row alignment? Try space between and see what happens

@drted That works when I click Preview in a browser but if I click Live Test, it doesn’t fix the layout issue in a browser or on a mobile device.

The only other thing that comes to mind what the row container is doing. Is it filling the screen or just the contents. The fit contents and fill containers have some erratic behavior…

That’s all I’ve got. :frowning:

1 Like

@drted Aha! The row container was set to width = fill container. I switched it to width = Relative Size, 100% and it displays correctly now. Thanks again!

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 1.12.31 PM

1 Like

:smiley:

Is there any way to adjust height dynamically as well? I would like resize height based on image size inside of the data viewer list…