"current minute" and "current date" blocks appears broken?

i currently have a column to display the current time and date when a new row is created in a google sheet
Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 11.29.58 AM

these blocks have worked before, but a problem has started occurring where the time and date blocks display completely random numbers:
Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 11.31.35 AM

below are the blocks used:

what could be breaking the columns? is there a better way to display the current time and date in google sheets?

Just an aside: when you include an image, you can set the scale by clicking on 75% or 50% so that the images are more easily viewable on the forums.

You can also now go back and edit your posts to do that. The huge images are a little hard to work with.

Can you post a link to your project? Are you using Drag & Drop or Snap to Place?

i edited the images to make them smaller, and added another image (that i forgot to originally post x3)

i’m not sure if i can send the project link, because in order to make an account and sign in on the app, you would need to have a specific email address

i am using the drag & drop interface

1 Like

Unfortunately, that last screenshot is so small/low quality that I can’t read it even at original size.

sorry about that, i edited the post again to where i sent images of each function separately. i hope that’s a better for you

1 Like

One problem with your functions is that you are telling Thunkable to return a value based on conditions and then you have another return block at the bottom that contradicts that value. Why do you have that? I would remove those extra return blocks, such as this one:

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 8.19.45 AM

Assuming that’s not the cause of all of your problems:

1. Are your Google Sheet’s columns formatted properly for times and dates?

2. What are you doing to verify that the values are correct in Thunkable before they get sent to your Google Sheet? For example, assign the join blocks you have to labels and confirm that they are displayed the way you expect them to be. Do they then appear correct in Thunkable?

3. What happens if you temporarily remove the function calls from your Time value and Date value blocks and only include standard time/date blocks? Do those get saved correctly to your Google Sheet?

the extra return block is there in case all of those other conditions fail. it’s just something that i’m used to doing

i also figured out the main issue. there was nothing wrong with the blocks at all, apparently i didn’t pay attention to how the columns are formatted in google sheets…

so, i changed the column format to time, and the date column to date, and it all formats properly :] i didn’t realize this was just a google sheets issue…

2 Likes

It’s a strange thing but searching in the docs I read that the return block stop the procedure , so the last return will be like an else block.

1 Like